Wednesday, March 30, 2011

As Requested.....

by:

EMILY
Here is my new shower curtain!  Up until now we've just been using the apartment-provided shower liner.  Eek.  I originally wanted a different bath set and I told Tyson it could be my Mother's Day gift, but then I found this curtain in Walmart's clearance.  For only $5.00, I couldn't pass it up!  And now Tyson can spoil me with something else instead =0)

HEIDI
A while back, you commented on my weekly menu idea and asked how I do it.  Here it is!  It's just a small magnetic white board- -probably 8x10 inches or so. Everything you see in the left picture is written in permanent marker so all I have to do is write the menu in dry erase marker, then wipe it off and start over each week!  You can see by the menu I jotted out, I only actually cook one meal a day- -the other meal is typically something simple or leftovers.  That's one of the joys of being a 3 person household- -there are always leftovers =0)

Some weeks I don't follow the menu to a "T".  I think it's more of a list of ideas that I know I have ingredients for and since I have them written down ahead of time, I don't have to think too hard when meal time comes.  And then there are always those days when something else sounds particularly yummy, so I make that instead and push that day's menu idea to a following day/week.  Anyway.  You get the idea.

JEANA
Speaking of food, a little while back I posted about being proud of making delicious enchiladas and you asked me to post my recipe.  Here you go!

Brown 1 lb. hamburger

Season to taste with:
salt
pepper
garlic powder
chili powder
minced onions

Add:
1 can tomato soup
1/2 can water
1/2 enchilada sauce

Assemble in pan as desired with tortillas.
Grate cheese on top and sprinkle with olives.
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes.

You can play with it however you prefer- -I like to use corn tortillas and I layer it like a casserole rather than individual enchiladas.  I also like to add a layer of mozzarella cheese in the middle, then top it off with cheddar.  And I usually don't add olives.
Let me know how they turn out!

And lastly.....

CHARLOTTE
I told you I bought a mini van =0)  Teryn in the back seat is proof that it's mine.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome board... excellent idea!! but right now I know I totally wouldnt stick to it! we are lucky if I cook 2 -3 times a week.. and Sunday is usually a day I cook something big and then have lots of leftover days. Today I forgot I was supposed to make dinner for a lady in my ward and after work I went to run errands, I was thinking about my brother.. he just had back surgery Tues.. and how I need to take them some food when I remembered I was supposed to make food tonight for this other family.. it was about 4 o clock and I was about half hour away from home.. nice Heidi!!! Someday I'll be as organized as you ;) love the idea!
    And look at you sportin the minivan... love it!! and the shower curtain too.. supa cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Phani... You are a Mini Van Momma wahoo!!! Its the best... just think all of the AMAZING costco... etc. trips to come!!! Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellie Chamaenim,
    I your new van love. Why ask if... usually soccer moms it drive because!!! You future in behalf of already preparing are! Post and photos for, so much thank you! I you a lot miss. Also, I Korean also miss. Lately, Teryn to kimchee gave? I also still Korean like speak and write! So fun! Kkkkk.
    Kulaka Chamae

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!!! Thank you for posting that!!!!! I feel famous now! Haha.. I love the curtain! I think it's darling! I was trying to redecorate on a budget, too..but I found a shower curtain and was hooked - I used a coupon, but it still wasn't $5. I wish though! At least Ty's shower curtain was only $2... so it balances out, right? Hahaha!!! I totally wanna try the enchiladas! yay! Thanks for posting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete