Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Changes

(I started this post on Sunday.....)

I don't even know where this is going to go.  I'm just sitting home with Ryder, waiting for Tyson and Teryn to get back from church, and I feel like it's time for a post.

It's been just over 2 weeks since Ryder arrived.  We are adjusting better than I anticipated.  He is an angel baby.  Teryn was an angel baby though too, so I feel greatly blessed that angel babies are all I know (so far). 

It's amazing how much Ryder has changed already.  He's gained a pound and grown almost 2 inches.  He's starting to keep eye contact with me and his innocence burns through my soul.  It's funny how I so anxiously wondered what he would look like because now he's here I look at him and it's like I've known him forever.  

Teryn is adjusting very well and loving his brother more and more every day.  The first thing he says in the morning when he wakes is "baby!"  A few days ago, I left Ryder on a blanket in the living room while I left to do something and he started screaming.  It wasn't long before he stopped and I went to check on him to make sure he was still breathing because he stopped so abruptly.  I found him covered with Teryn's blankies with Teryn laying beside him on the floor just jabbering away at him.  Ryder was so intent on him.  Possibly the most precious moment I've ever experienced.


Ryder has his days and nights figured out which is wonderful.  It took a lot of training to get Teryn turned around but Ryder has caught on pretty quick.  He wakes twice in the night to eat but he is a quick 10-15 minute eater so I don't miss out on too much sleep.  He is such a little snuggler and I can't get enough of it.

It's funny how so much has changed in the past couple of weeks yet it feels like this is the life we've always lived.  I asked Tyson what he feels some of the biggest changes have been and he couldn't come up with anything.  Everything is coming together, it all makes sense, and it's comfortable.  We couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. oh i'm so happy for you! that's so awesome! i just can't believe how fast time flies and how quickly they grow! i thought it was amazing for my nephews and nieces, but it's so much more sad when it's your own!!

    ReplyDelete